Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Next Chapter

I made it Twitter official last night and Facebook official this morning, so I guess it's time to make it official on my blog.

Today is my last day at SCC. And believe me, I write that with a very heavy heart.

My office just took me out for my last lunch at Red Robin, which I chose because it also happened to be the first place my office took me back on Jan. 25, 2010. I remember that day fondly. I was so excited to begin a new chapter in my life, meet new people, learn new things and gain new experiences. I got all that and more here at SCC.

I never knew what amazing people I would meet and get to know at SCC, nor did I realize I would make, what I hope to be, long-lasting friendships. I've grown both professionally and personally here at SCC, and I will be forever grateful for all the opportunities I've had in my time here.

What I think I might remember most about the people I've worked with SCC, what I like to call my "SCC family," is how much they supported, encouraged and helped me during one of the toughest times in my life, when I lost my father to cancer in December 2011. I will never forget all of the people who reached out to me, whether it was personally, via card, or in an email... you all touched me one way or another.

Of course I'll remember all the good times, too, like all the incredible students I've been fortunate enough to meet and capture their SCC story, filming commercials, helping out on photo shoots, expanding my knowledge of social media, planning events and much, much more.

I cannot forget to mention all the people I was able to meet and get to know through NCMPR (National Council of Marketing and Public Relations). I've learned so much through all of you. I will never forget my first time presenting at a national conference, going to San Francisco, and last, but not least, my most recent trip to the district conference in Wichita. It may not sound like an exciting place, but that was the most fun I've ever had at a conference.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. But with endings come new beginnings. While I am very sad to leave SCC, it is time for me to move on to the next chapter of my life.

Next week I will start my new job with the American Cancer Society,which many of you know is very near and dear to my heart. This was an opportunity I couldn't pass up, but it was a hard decision to make.

Either way, I think my dad would be proud, which is what I still strive to do every day.

I wish you all the best, and I hope we can keep in touch. You can reach me via email at kanna.taylor@gmail.com, or follow me on my other blog for St. Charles Patch.

2 comments:

1. We will all miss you Kanna! It has been a real joy working with you at SCC. Congratulations on your new adventure and there is NO DOUBT your dad would be VERY PROUD! Good luck...
    Laura

ReplyDelete

Tweet